Ernest Samuel Llime Book Store
|The Artist or The Asshole
||Ernest Samuel Llime
The Artist or The Asshole
ESL - June 2014, Woodhaven
- Sits down and writes about anything,
- He takes photographs of things that catch his eye, he writes
music, he makes videos.
- He publishes whenever and wherever he can.
- He takes it all out on the road - his guitar playing
sucks, his technique is non-existent, his voice is scratchy and rough.
laugh at him, throw things and boo him off the stage.
- He does not care - he
keeps doing it as if he is possessed by a demon - he probably is.
- He keeps
at it day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year -
eventually, he gets pretty good at it - when he recites a poem or sings a song
people's ears prick up - the conversations become muted - when he's done there
is applause and once in a while a standing ovation.
- He becomes more and more
creative - he writes stories, he writes novels, he invents things.
- He takes other artists'
work and makes it his own by creating variations, collages and oblique
- It does not occur to him that he needs anyone's permission to do that,
because art does not need permission.
- Some of his creations are considered upsetting, obscene, subversive,
aggressive and in bad taste.
- He does not care and he has no intention of controlling or censoring
himself, because art does not justification.
- He knows that he is putting his well-being and sometimes even his
freedom at risk and he is afraid - but he can't stop, he won't stop, he
can't be stopped - because
TRUE ART DOES NOT COMPROMISE!
< Previous Page
||Next Page >